On our program today, our guests are:
- Thomas Harding, author of Hanns and Rudolf: The German Jew and the Hunt for the Kommandant of Auschwitz, on his great uncle’s short yet illustrious stint as a Nazi hunter, and the secrets that he took with him to the grave.
- Amy Birkan, a scholar of Jewish philosophy at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, on instances of existential crisis in Rabbinic literature.
- Ellen Levitt, author of The Lost Synagogues of Brooklyn, The Lost Synagogues of the Bronx and Queens and The Lost Synagogues of Manhattan, on all 350 disused houses of worship that make up the heritage of one of the most Jewish cities in the world.
1.Beck – Walking Light
2. Yehuit Ravitz – The Story of a Lad and a Lady’s Death (Sipoor Motam Shel Alma Ve Elem)
3. Yehuda Poliker – Flower (Perach)
4. Oi Va Voi – D’ror Yikra (American Synagogue Item)
Picture credit: Ellen Levitt